Fine Art/John Marin

Question
Mr. Hynes,
   I own a small oil painting by John Marin [American Painter, 1870-1953].  I'm interested in selling my painting however I know nothing of this process.  It has been my experience that any time one enters into a business transaction (especially one that may involve in excess of $100k)an ignorance of the general sales process, as well as the value of the item for sale can be very costly.  Simply put:  would you please walk me through a process by which I can identify an actual value for and then possibly sell, my art work without getting ripped off?  Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.  

Answer
Hi BC, I would be pleased to help you, however I am just leaving town for Father's Day and will return on Monday. Can you send the same inquiry to my email ? danh.57@mindspring.com
If you could include size, where and how signed, any provenance (history of ownership), and possibly a jpg image under 100k, that would be very helpful. Make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not delete you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes