Fine Art/Junction of the Thames

I purchased a beautiful picture from a thrift store and decided to do some research on it and I am unable to find much about the art studio.  The picture is labeled Junction of the Thames 8326.  The artist is Turner and the studio it came from is Catalda Fine Arts, Inc New York ,New York.  I was just hoping you would have some information where I can begin to look.  Thank you!

Dear Victoria,

Works produced by Catalda Fine Arts were reproductions of important works.  I'll be up front and tell you that Catalda Fine Art was in litigation for many years regarding copyright violations to the images that they produced.  Having said that, some works are etchings, lithographs, you should first determine what you have...if you have a print on board...its not worth but a few bucks..usually the frame has more worth..but..if its a hand signed and numbered could be worth a few hundred....some works at auction are at

You will see the auction results for these works by Catalda.  I mentioned the litigation earlier, and because of the noted court papers, some works are examples of an important historical case regarding art copyright. In fact, the cases might be noted in present cases...Something to think about..I encourage you to email me a picture of it and let me know if it is under glass, on paper,on board, or a glossy paper?  

Good luck

Alejandro Rojas Salazar

I will answer questions about collecting limited edition prints. (i.e. lithographs, serigraphs, giclees, etchings, etc.)

I have been an art dealer for 10 years in Boston, La Jolla, and Laguna Beach. I am the Executive Director of Madison GAllery in La Jolla.

Harvard University (2001)Masters Degree in Theology and Art History Boston College (1999)- Masters Degree in Sociology and Art HIstory Colorado College (1995)- BA in Sociology and Art History