Fine Art/L Konig Oil

QUESTION: Bought at yard sale.  Picture is approximately 15X20.  It is an oil painting of mountains, pine trees and a small pond or lake.  I was told it had been bought in Germany many years ago and it is signed LKonig.  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
ANSWER: Hello Sharon,

The only L. Konig (with two dots over the 'o') that I know is Leo von Konig, a German artist that lived from 1871 - 1944.  Please email me an image - - of the front and back of the work.

What part of the world are you from?

Cheers, Brent

QUESTION: Yep it's got the two marks over the o - let me see if I can get a decent picture of it and I'll send it to you - thanks so much
ANSWER: Sharon,

You are welcome.  Where are you located - USA - Canada?

QUESTION: I'm sorry I forgot to tell you.  I'm in Columbus, Ga.  USA

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for the images.  The techniques used to paint the painting you have do not match the painting techniques used by the Leo von Konig I was referring to.  I am not sure which artist painted the work.

If I come up with anything I will let you know.

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.