Fine Art/LaDell oil

I have a large framed oil on canvas that is signed LaDell. The canvas itself is 24" by 36". The signature is printed and written on the side in the upper right hand quarter of the painting. The frame appears to be the '50's or '60's. I thought it was odd being signed where it is. It is a pretty still life of a large bouquet of yellow flowers (not sunflowers) and greenery sans vase. Hoping to find out any info that I can. I have several pictures so if you would be interested in seeing them I can easily ssend them. Thanks! Deb

Hello Debra,

You may have a painting by Edwin LaDell, a British artist, 1919-1970.  It it an original of a reproduction?  Your description confused me a bit.

Please attach good quality images of the front, back and signature area.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.