Fine Art/Lee Reynolds

Question
I have a beautiful Lee Reynolds painting that I'm sure was produced at Van Gaard Studios in the late sixties, both the painting and the frame are stamped 1966.  It is abstract and appears to be oil.  I've read that Lee Reynolds Burr signed his early paintings as Lee Reynolds and later allowed other artists to use that name.  Is there any way to know if it was Lee Reynolds Burr or another artist?  What is its approximate value?

Answer
Hello Katheryne,

As far as I know there is no procedure to distinguish between them and the market does not care one way or another.  His works fit into the 'decorative' category in my opinion and as such are not worth more than a few hundred dollars.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke