Fine Art/Leon Danchin

Question
Alan,

I wondered whether you would be able to provide me with some information in relation to a Leon Danchin Painting which I have. It was bought in France around 100 years ago. I cannot find a painting on the internet anywhere which is similar to this. I think the painting is original and have taken photographs of it. Please could you provide me about where I can get further information in relation to how much this would be valued at and also to confirm that this is an original painting.

Thanks so much

Answer
Katie--Not one Danchin painting has sold at auction the past 24 months, according to a service I belong to, but you could try Sotheby's or Christie's.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit