Fine Art/Leon Danchin etchings

Question
I have an etching Setters Resting done by Leon Danchin that is numbered. After reading his bio it is my understanding his widow has released limited copies of his work signed and numbered. How can you tell if what I have is original or a reprint? Ebay has had many items of his on the site and all say original with a copyright on the top right corner of print. I have tried to find answers on the internet but find limited information. Any information you can give me would be appreciated. It is a beautiful piece.

Answer
Laura--if it is indeed an etching, it should have an indentation around the image on the paper.  Etchings are recessed on paper, due to the pressure of the printing press.  Also, they generally have texture, so if it is unframed, violate the cardinal rule of touching--and lightly run your finger over the lines.  They should feel a little rough.  Finally, if it is in color, look at the work through a jeweler's loop and see if the colors are solid.  Reprints generally have rows of dots--indicative of the generally used 4-color separation process.  Then, whatever you have, enjoy it.  Alan.

Alan Klevit