Fine Art/Leon Danchin

Question
We have an LD 77.  It is signed in pencil in the right corner and numbered 246/m in the lower left corner.  The signature looks just like original signatures of other works seen on the web.

Do you think the 246/m might indicate it was not signed by the artist?

Do you have an estimate of the value?

Can you tell me what year the work was done by the artist.

Answer
Norm--I don't know the Danchin market, but the 246/m certainly makes me think you have an offset lithograph [reproduction].  Wish I could tell you more.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit