Fine Art/Leon Franks

Question
Hello
  I am trying to find out more than the web has to offer about Leon Franks, who was born in Canada, moved to California, studied in France and returned to California to teach and paint. I have a painting, not dated but know he dies in 1970. It is of eleven roses and the frame was made in Belgium. It is a very beautiful painting. How do I find out it's value and if it truely is Leon Franks. I was told it was Franks by a museum intern as I couldn't find anything on just the name Franks.Oh, it was purchased in California and now has been in our family for at least 29 years.
Thank You, NAncy
Thank You

Answer
Hello Nancy,

The most complete information I have ever run across was published by Grace Kerr on the website honoring her father.  The direct link is www.vernonkerr.com/leonfranks.html .  Have you tried your local library?  Franks was a very talented artist but there is little demand for his work in the secondary market.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke