Fine Art/Local Appraiser

Question
We need tohave some art work and furnishings appraised for insurance purposes. Among the art, as I just found out, are three Axel Haigs (Cathedral of Amiens, Portico dela Gloris Santiago Cathedral, Spain and Portals of Bowrges) as well as three others that I havenot been able to clearly identify - Jules Jaequet (meissonige) both remarked and an oil on board by Edmund H Roole. which came down through my husbands family. Can you suggest an appraiser in this area who could do the art and furnishings? Thanks.

Answer
Karen, even if you had specfied what area you are talking about, I couldn't help you.  I have not heard of any of the artists, nor could I find them in any of my sources.  Best bet:  yellow pages, and talk to the appraisers, find out what they charge [fixed fee, hourly rate or pctge of appraisels], then go with whom you feel best about.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit