Fine Art/Longo oil on canvas

longo oil
longo oil  
Mr. Hynes,
I have an oil on canvas signed Longo 1922. I was hoping that you could provide some information about this piece. The actual flowers use very heavy paint. I would appreciate any information you could give me about the artist or artwork.
Paul Mead

Dear Paul, I find no listing in any dictionary of artists for a Longo" that would fit this time period. The painting is of very modest merit. I am afraid this is by a self-taught "Sunday afternoon" painter, and there is no way to identify him or her.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.