Fine Art/Louis Icart prints

Question
Hello. My friend came across a huge stack of Louis Icart prints in her grandfathers basement(he passed away). They all have his signature on the lower right(looks like its printed the exact same way on every one) and they also have raised stamps on the lower left corners. Are the raised stamps indicators of original prints? How can one be sure?

Answer
Aaron--the signatures look the same because in all likelihood they are a stamped signature.  The stamps on the left are a good sign.  Icart specialized in etching over lithographic prints, so there should be texture on the paper and an indentation where the plate was pressed against the paper.  Otherwise, probably reproduction.  If you're not sure, a good gallery operator or art teacher at a local school should be able to tell.  Good luck.  He is one of my favorite artists.  Alan Klevit.  

Alan Klevit