Fine Art/Louis Jules Arnout lithographs

Question
Hello Alan,

I bought two Jules Arnout lithographs at a garage sale for $15.00 each.  Both are full color and one is titled "Vue De Lobelisque Du Luxor Et Des Fountanes No#28.  The other titled print is numbered #31 but the title has fallen below the frame and can't be read.  I've researched this artist on the internet, but neither print shows up.  Before I tear open the back of the framed print to read the title of the second lithograph, do you know anything further about the artist or the value of his prints.  These are not copies that can be ordered though poster shops, but apear to be original lithographs.  

Thanks for you advice and help with this matter.  

Answer
Eileen--I am not familiar with the artist.  There was a Louis Jules Arnout in the 19th century, but I don't know about his art, either.  The fact that the have #'s sounds like they could be offset, rather than original lithographs.  Look at the images through a jeweler's loop or high powered magnifying glass.  If you see rows of dots, they are offsets.  Can't help you as to value, unless they are offsets, which makes them worth in the neighborhood of what you paid.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit