Fine Art/Marc Chagall

Question
Dear Dan

Sorry to bother you but could you help? I have two oil paintings by a
artist who signs in the bottom right corner as marc. The rear of the
pictures has arts Nicois, Nice and the frames have a gold placque with the
name Marc on. I see you are a specialist of marc Chagall pictures and I
was interested to know if he always signs his work with his full name?

I can if required send a photo of both paintings.

My father purchased the pictures from a large house sale in the late 70's.

Thank you for taking time to answer this email.

Nigel

Answer
I checked my image archives of signatures and all the ones I've sold in the past were signed with both first and last name. There are also authentic works that were unsigned because they were removed from hand illustrated books by Chagall. You will need a proper appraisal for the work.  Appraisers charge their own fees, i can refer you to the one we use if you like.
To request his info, send me an email request.
send to:
dantwyman@dalinet.com

Dan

Dan Twyman