Fine Art/Marc Chagall lithograph

Question
I have a Chagall lithograph on the card it says
Artist: Marc Chagall
Title: l'opera 1954
Medium: lithograph-Artist's Proof of edition of 75
It is signed in the lower left and in the lower right it seems to
say "Eprenne d'Artiste I'm not sure of the first word.
Do you have any idea of it's value or any infromation about it.
Thank you.  

Answer
Marita--First, the word you are not sure of is "Epreuve," which is French for Proof.  Thus it is an Artist Proof, outside the edition of 75.  I am concerned about the signature on the left, and the fact that it is not an original lithograph--it is a fabriolithograph, which is sort of a print of an original.  It last sold at an auction on October 8, 2005 at an auction house by the name of Kunst & Kuriosa.  The price was $1,819.  Alan Klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit