Fine Art/Masterpieces

Question
What are the specific defining qualities that determine a piece of art is a Masterpiece ? I heard size, length of time to complete, but can't seem to find specifically what makes a Masterpiece.  

Answer
Lea-I have no idea.  Certainly not size.  The Mona Lisa is small in size, not stature.  Leonardo's "Last Supper" isn't very large, either.  Not length of time to complete--in music, for example, Mozart wrote the most music, died in his thirties, so he must have completed works faster than many others who didn't produce as many masterpieces.  Some of the most acknowledged poetry is short--sonnets a mere twelve [?] lines.  Picasso was the most prolific artist of the twentieth century, which implies he could knock them out.  I would suggest such qualities as endurance, historical significance and, like defining beauty, that certain indefinable magic.  In other words, creativity is intangible and should not be analyzed in concrete terms.

Alan Klevit