Fine Art/Maurice Utrillo

Question
I have a painting which I assume is a forgery but am not sure.  It is Maurice Utrillo...Mt. Saint Michel.  It seems to be oil on board, aprox. 20"X24"  The signature on the lower left reads:
Maurice, Utrillo, V,
1922,
Do you know if the original exists in a collection?

Answer
Dear Robert, Chances that you have an authentic Utrillo are slim to none. He was the most copied, reproduce, and faked artist of the 20th century. You can find one at any Goodwill or Salvation Army shop.
But, You can check the multi-volume catalogue of all his known works by Paul Petrides. Found at many major art museum and university libraries, or purchase it for about $3,500.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes