Fine Art/McCance linocut

Question
Hi Alan Klevit

I have just bought a linocut by an artist called
William McCance(1894-1970). I dont know much about him but I like the work that I bought.

It measures 7"x5.5" and is signed W McCance 1929.

Could you tell me a little about the artist and how much you believe ( an estimate is fine) it is worth?

Thank you. Best Regards, Soren

Answer
Soren--I have not heard of the artist and can't find any bio information on him.  However, less than a year ago, a drawing [one of a kind] sold for $1,300 at an auction.  The linocut would probably be worth a fraction of that, perhaps a tenth [$130] or a little more.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  Check out Alan Klevit's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit