Fine Art/Michael Schofield

I have a painting entitled "Hunter" by Michael Schofield. The size of the canvas is 30" x 40". I have pictures if needed. I have not seen any of his paintings up for sale anywhere. Has his painting sold and which ones? Would the one I have be valuable? Thank you for your time

Dear Mark,
I hope you are doing well and thank you for your patience as I have been away for the holiday. It is typically very difficult to get pricing on art by contemporary artists whose work is still too new to start showing up on the secondary market. The best route initially is to locate a gallery that has original work by the artist in their inventory and call them, (not email), to inquire on valuation of your painting. I have listed two links below that I have researched as having his work. Kamp Gallery has an original oil painting and Kevin Barry has limited edition prints. Both should be able to give you estimates of value or provide additional resources such as the artistís agent or a certified appraiser.

I hope this information is helpful. Here are the links mentioned above:

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.