Fine Art/Miro

I have attached an address to this message so you can view the image. If possible could you tell me the title of this work and an approximate value. The image size is approx. 15 1/2" X 10 1/2". Thank You.

The original painting of this image is from 1938.
Title: "A Star Caresses the Breast of a Negress"
The painting was done along with a poem.

I find no auction results or info on an limited edition version being sold?  From the size you mentioned, it sounds like it was taken from a book suite.

The EA means Artist Proof or Edition de Artist
There is a broad range of prices on Miro.
It's difficult to give an idea of value with no comps from auctions etc. If you decide t sell it, the piece would have to be examined by an expert. Once it's verified as authentic, then a selling price can be established.

I can research for you or if your selling this, let me know and I will have our buyer call you back.

Please provide the best ph#

Email to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.