Fine Art/Monet's Impression Sunrise

Question
I'm interested in the background to Monet's work 'Impression Sunrise', particularly the techniques, materials, and tools used (brushes, etc.) when creating it. I've looked on the web but can;t find anything specific that answers the questions I have about the piece. I would be grateful for any information you could give me, or any websites you could suggest.
Thanks,
David

imgonnaneedahacksaw@yahoo.co.uk

Answer
Dear David, I cannot transcribe the information I have, too much. There is a book, "Techniques of the Great Masters of Art", publ.Chartwell Books, 1985, which can be found on abebooks.com for $30 or $40. It is a large book with excellent illustrations. For Monet's technique they use his painting "Antibes" for an example. It describes his ground, palette (shows and names the exact colors), how he layered his paint, etc. Very good and detailed information which would also apply to the painting you mentioned. Superb book, covers all the major artists.
I like your email handle.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes