Fine Art/Mystery painting

Question
I was wondering if you could tell me the name of a painting that I have been trying to identify and the name of the artist who painted it. I saw it on a documentary about art several years ago and liked it, but I can't remember the name of it or the painter, and my attempts to find it since have failed. It was a painting of the interior of a building, something like the living room of a house, that looked completely normal, except for a hole somewhere in the middle of the room that showed black and, if memory serves, stars. It was very strange and affecting. Any idea what it was? Thanks!

Answer
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. There is a contemporary artist that paints the interiors of houses. He uses mirrors to reflect and often incorporates outside views such as water and sky. His name is Homero Aquilar and Louis Aronow Gallery in Sausalito represents his work. I looked at his limited edition work on Louis's website, but the painting you describe was not there. Take a look at his work and if it is similar in style to your painting, you can contact Louis and ask him if Homero released an original or print with the image you describe.

Go to: http://www.louisaronowgallery.com/aguilar/aguilar1.html

Let me know if this is the artist you seek.

Take care,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley