Fine Art/NAME OF ARTIST ON A SPECIFIC PRINT

Question
HI MR.HYNES,

MY AUNT, BACK IN ARKANSAS, HAS A PRINT OF A PAINTING THAT I HAVE ALWAYS ADMIRED AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF OBTAINING ONE BUT, I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THE PIECE AND WE ARE UNABLE TO LOCATE THE ARTIST'S NAME WITHOUT TEARING THE PAINTING APART.  IN FACT SHE HAS 2 OF THEM BUT THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR IS THE ONE I ENJOY.  IT IS A PASTRORAL SCENE WHERE THERE IS A COLLIE DOG GUARDING A STRAY LAMB WHO LIES OUT IN THE SNOW. THE DOG IS SORT OF HOWLING IN THE COLD WEATHER AND YOU CAN JUST SEE HIS OR HER BREATH VAPOR. IT APPEARS TO ME THAT AN AMERICAN ARTIST MAY HAVE PAINTED THE ORIGINAL OF THIS PAINTING RATHER THAN A EUROPEAN. I WOULD TRY TO ATTACH A COPY OF IT HERE BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT, ADVISE ME AS TO YOUR E-MAIL SITE THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO ATTACH OR ADVISE ME HOW TO ATTACH HERE. I PREY YOU CAN IDENTIFY IT FOR ME.  THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN RENDER.

REGARDS,
DOUG WILBURN

Answer
Dear Doug, I am sorry for the delay. I have changed Internet Providers and just received your question. I am not sure, but you may be refering to "The Rescue" by Richard Ansdell. You can look at this site http://www.gis.net/~shepdog/BC_Museum/Permanent/Ansdell.html
If this is not the artist, I believe it would be a similar British artist such as Edwin Landseer.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes