Fine Art/Name of a painting/artist

Question
Dear Mr. Hynes,

I am trying to remember the name of a painting I once saw some 35 years ago.  It was famous, as I bought a print of it at the museum in which I saw it (in New York or London, I can't remember).  I keep thinking it was "Lady of the Lake", or something like that.  A very beautiful, romantic oil of a lady reclining in a boat on a lake, her hand trailing in the water, maybe in the art nouveau style?  I am sorry to trouble you, but I am now quite old now and I would really like to see a print of this painting again before I die.

Thank you for your help.

Ross Klinger

Answer
Dear Ross, I am not sure if I can identify the exact painting, but it sounds like a painting by one of the "Pre-Raphaelites". You might search for "The Lady of Shallot" by John William Waterhouse, or "Ophelia" by Sir John Everett Millais.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes