Fine Art/Need info on artist named Vanacker

My family has an original etching sign by an artist named Vanacker (no first name).  It was given to my mother/father-in-law as a wedding gift in 1936. The back is marked "Vanacker 6/3-10-3".  In pencil it has "4100".  Other than some yellowing, the etching appears in good condition.  What can I learn about this artist and where can I take the picture for appraisal, if in fact it is an original?  

Hello Linda,

I hope all is well with you. There is a prominent Belgian artist by the name of Flori (Florimond Marie) Van Acker (1858-1935). This may be your artist. If you would like to send me some photos of your print, including the signature, I can try to verify it for you. If not; I can give you references for follow up. My email address is:

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.