Fine Art/Neer Painting?

Question
Years ago I bought an oil painting at an auction then later discovered that the name "neer" is printed on the bottom left corner.  

The art work appears to have been painted on some kind of thick cardboard.  Its dimensions are 30" W x 24" H.  It's a painting of a cottage with a river running in front of it it.  There is also an image of what appears to be a little Dutch girl standing in front of the river.

How can I tell if it's an original or not, and what might the value be?  Thanks in advance.

John

Answer
Dear John, At this point all I can tell you is that "Neer" is a Dutch name. If you like you send attached jpgs to my email pirround@msn.com
An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature and any inscriptions or labels would be best. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes