Fine Art/Nigel Hemming

Question
I have a signed painting(or print) of waterfowl--a male and female duck in flight--ducks in the center are colored, the rest are in pencil maybe. It is signed by Nigel Hemming in the lower left hand corner. I know he paints mostly dogs but I have read that he started out painting wildlife.
How can I find out if this is a true painting or a reprint? Thanks for your time.

Answer
Look at the colors through a jeweler's loop.  If there are rows of dots, it is an offset lithograph [reproduction].  If not, it's a good sign, still not for sure a painting.  Try to find out who/where Hemming works are sold--check him out on line.  Also, take the piece to a gallery and if you get a friendly, knowledgeable owner/manager, maybe he/she can help.  Good luck.

Alan Klevit