Fine Art/Oberhauser print

Dear Ms. Headly,
  I think I accidently sent you an incomplete email so I may be repeating myself but I have found a pint by Oberhause.  It states on it that it is Tannhauser on the bottom right and on the bottom left in the picture it states Copyrighted 1915 by Louis wolff & C? London. W. and it states below this Painted by E Oberhauser.  Based on your previous responses regarding Oberhause I'm wondering if this is worth keeping and its approximate value.  Thank you for your time.

Dear Cheryl

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. I am finding out there are quite a few people who have cherished their Oberhauser prints for many years and are interested in knowing more about them. There is currently very little information on him or his prints, but with the emerging interest more information on him should start to appear online.

I have searched for your particular image, but I am unable to locate one. Oberhauser painted many mythological scenes of which I believe yours may represent. Unfortunately most of the Oberhauser prints I locate are without names and therefore cannot give you a name for your piece.

I found one similar in size, theme, and medium as yours that had a pre-auction estimate of $300-600. However, it was hand colored and hand signed by Oberhauser so it would have more value than one that is unsigned and not hand colored.

I think your print is a wonderful image and with its personal history with your Mom; well worth keeping as a treasured family heirloom.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.