Fine Art/Oil Painting

Question
Can you tellme any value on this if it is an authenic SERENITY?  I have done a little research on it and undersstand that this particular oil is not in any museum, but rather is likely to be in a private collection. I am afraid I am new to the computer, and I don't know the first thing about sending pics via e-mail.  Thank you!
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
Oil On Canvas...Jasper F. Cropsey/ I have what I believe to be an original oil of his.  It is approximately 21" X 15". Label on back :SERENITY by Cropsey.  I do not see a signature, but am afraid to take painting from it's frame to see.  I would like some advice on who to take this to to do so.  Also, if it is HIS work, do you have a clue of it's value?  Would most definitely appreciate any help.  Thanks so much.  Ben Rohr

Answer -
Dear Ben, Eventually you will have to remove the painting from the frame. It's no big deal, just don't drop your tools through the canvas.
Then:
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan  

Answer
Dear Ben, If your painting is an authentic J.F. Cropsey then it is certainly valuable. The precise value would depend upon many variables: desirability of the subject matter; condition of the painting; signed ?; dated ?; painted on board, canvas, or panel; provenance (history of ownership); exhibition record; etc.
You need to have someone show you how to send digital images, everyone's grandmother does it.
regards,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes