Fine Art/Oil Painting

Dear Dan,

I have spent many hours trying to find out who did the very large painting of "Robin Hood's Wedding, or Robin Hood"s Greenwood"  It is the focal point of my great room.  The house was the  home of a George Wood Taylor who was a local archietec  in Springfield.  He designed almost every home surrounding ours.  It is in the Ridgewood Historic District.  Our address is 41 Ridgewood Place.  The painting is 13' by 3' it is oil on canvas (from what I see) and it was commisioned for this house.  I have attached pictures.  I can not see any signature on the face, it could come out of the wall but I don't want to touch it, just yet... The year this house was built was between 1910-1912.  I would appreciate any help or advice you could give me. The Spfld; museum curator didn't know how to find the info out.  Thanks for your time...Deborah Bertera  p.s.  I can't figure out how to attach pictures to this emai!

Dear Deborah, The following is my standard reply.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.