Fine Art/Oil Potraits of George and Martha Washington

Question

These pictures of George and Martha Washington date 1863 and 1864.  E. C. Middleton's name is printed on back of both.  Original gold frames.

Also a note from Emmitt Everett saying it appeared to
him to be an oil copy of the original by his
friend Stuart.  

I'm wanting to find out the value of these
pictures. If you do not know, could you direct
me to someone.

Thank you,

Carolyn Cook  

Answer
Carolyn, I could not find info. on Middleton's paintings and their values.  I am curious as to the note from Everett, since Gilbert Stuart died in early 1820's, and the Middleton copies were done forty years later.  No matter, they are copies, and their value is not in that, but only if there is a market [demand] for Middleton's art.  Contact Sotheby's and ask if any Middleton paintings have gone at auction and at what price.  Good luck.  Alan.

Alan Klevit