Fine Art/Oil of Victorian Ladies and Child with Roses

Daniel: Recently I acquired a huge light oil painting (unsigned) from relatives.  
The painting measures 79"x59". Looks like it is painted on some type of
broadcloth. The painting was included in a container of antiques shipped from
England. The faces look to be 'gibson-style' expressions. The stretching frame
looks to be mahogany. I have a digital photo but don't see where to attach it.
Thank you, Scott

Dear Scott,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.