Fine Art/Oil on canvas landscape, 48" x 24"

Question
May I send you jpegs of our recently acquired large oil landscape including a closeup of the artist's signature (whose name is not totally distinguishable to us)? We will be grateful to have the benefit of any (non-hypothetical) information, expertise or thoughts you offer, especially as to collectability. Please indicate your preferred format if other than jpeg you wish to receive and what maximum bytes may be attached to a single email message.
Sincerely,
Bruce B. Bailey and Gayolin D. Bailey

Answer
First--Although I may be an 'art expert' I am computer-challenged.  I have never heard of 'jpegs.'  I certainly don't have a 'preferred format' and have no idea what my max bytes number is.  I do know this:  collectability is not based on visuals, especially of one piece.  It has to do with the artist's body of work, his/her popularity and standing in the marketplace.  I won't even go into backing, that is, gallery[ies] that support and promote an artist.  Even critical acclaim doesn't get it done.  I represented several artists who were in numerous major museums and for whom there is now little or no market for their work.  A piece of art, simplistically speaking, is worth what somewhat is willing to pay for it.  That means that the piece you bought is worth what you paid, which is okay, because you would not have bought it if you didn't think it was worth it.  Enjoy it.  alan.

Alan Klevit