Fine Art/Oil painting by Alfieri

We have an oil painting of a clown high atop a circus tent pole looking down at whatever is happening below.  It's signed at the bottom (in red/orange?) "Alfieri.  I suspect that the artist was Attilio Alfieri since the signature is like that seen on other clown paintings by that artist.  It is an oil painting on canvas, approx. 36H X 20W, nothing on the back of the canvas but written in marker on the stretcher board is "JMEYER".  The painting was originally my Aunt's.  She lived in Brooklyn, worked in downtown New York city, and traveled often to Europe.  I suspect the painting was purchased some time between 1940 - 1960 although I have no information on where it was purchased.  My Aunt passed away some 11 years ago.  Please, I'd like to know anything possible about the painting and/or the artist.

Type in the artists name on Google. You will find him there.
    Attilio Alfieri
Title       Composizione
Medium       Oil on Canvas
Size       15.7 x 21.7 in. / 40 x 55 cm.
Misc.       Signed, Stamped
Sale Of       Karl & Faber: Tuesday, June 4, 2002
[Lot 158]
Alter und Neuer Meister, Gemälde, Aquarelle, Zeichnungen und Graphik
Estimate       700 Euro (US$ 635)
Sold For       403 Euro (374 US$) PREMIUM  Currency Converter

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University