Fine Art/Oil painting by Alfieri

Question
We have an oil painting of a clown high atop a circus tent pole looking down at whatever is happening below.  It's signed at the bottom (in red/orange?) "Alfieri.  I suspect that the artist was Attilio Alfieri since the signature is like that seen on other clown paintings by that artist.  It is an oil painting on canvas, approx. 36H X 20W, nothing on the back of the canvas but written in marker on the stretcher board is "JMEYER".  The painting was originally my Aunt's.  She lived in Brooklyn, worked in downtown New York city, and traveled often to Europe.  I suspect the painting was purchased some time between 1940 - 1960 although I have no information on where it was purchased.  My Aunt passed away some 11 years ago.  Please, I'd like to know anything possible about the painting and/or the artist.

Answer
Type in the artists name on Google. You will find him there.
1       

Attilio Alfieri
Title       Composizione
Medium       Oil on Canvas
Size       15.7 x 21.7 in. / 40 x 55 cm.
Misc.       Signed, Stamped
Sale Of       Karl & Faber: Tuesday, June 4, 2002
[Lot 158]
Alter und Neuer Meister, Gemälde, Aquarelle, Zeichnungen und Graphik
Estimate       700 Euro (US$ 635)
Sold For       403 Euro (374 US$) PREMIUM  Currency Converter

Joseph B. Laskowski