Fine Art/Oil painting on board

Question
Hi, I have two paintings on board.  I have thought they were not originals, but after studying them more closely, I believe they are originals.  Can you offer advice on what to look for to verify them as originals? I also wondered if they were done by the same artist? They are not signed. I know they are old and were bought at an auction over 40 years ago.  Thanks for your help.

Answer
Dear Marian,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes