Fine Art/Oil painting dated 1918

I have a painting dated 1918 the last name is Irvine or posibly HTR vine. It's an oil on wood of a cocker spaniel carring a phesant.

Thank you

Dear Bob, There are at least a dozen artists listed with the name "Irvine". None of them are indicated as animal or sporting painters. The most well know is Henry Wilson Irvine (Am.1869-1936). He was a Chicago and Connecticut painter of impressionist landscapes. It is possible he painted a subject you mention, but I have never seen anything but pure landscapes.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.