Fine Art/Old Images

Question
notre dame painting
notre dame painting  
Hello, My father-in-law recently passed away and my wife and I found the old painting I am attaching. It is probably worthless but I wanted to make sure it is not some lost masterpiece. The painting appears French and I know his mother was quite a world traveler so it might have come from Europe. I can't make out the signature because I think it is European. I can scan the signature close up if that helps you. I was just wondering if you have any insights. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Rob

It is an interesting painting you have there. It is always diffecult to tell a lot without having the painting in hand and to be able to study brushwork and colors. However if you send me a picture of the front, the back, the signature (try to see if you can read what it says - it must be easier for you since you have the painting at hand) and a photo of any labels attached on the back.
I will try to have a look at it and get back to you on monday.

My email is sorenholmstrup@hotmail.com

Best Regards, Soren

Søren Holmstrup