Fine Art/Old Print Painted by A. Zimmermann

Question
Hi Joe,

Thank you for your response.  I am not sure what type of copy it is.  It appears to be very old, it is shades of black and white and grey.  Would it help if I photographed it and sent it to you or can I post a photo of it here?  I tried to find (via google) the company that the copyright is registered to, however I cannot find any trace of them online.  The best match via google was the ebay listing mentioned in my previous question.  My print/copy? is definitely not from a newspaper.  It appears to be printed directly on the cardboard backing/surround.  I do not know the history of where this came from (I am in Australia), however it was given to me by a elderly lady here in Western Australia who suggested it may be worth researching as to its value.  Do you have any further suggestions (apart from google) that may assist me?

Kind regards
Laurel Scott

-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Dear Mr Laskowski, I have an old print which I would like to know more about if possible please.  Above the print on the right hand side is the following: "Copyright registered Published by Landeker & Brown 28-30 Worship St, London EC", and underneath on the lower left hand side is: "Painted by A. Zimmermann".  On the lower right hand is: "Printed in Vienna" and centred underneath in larger printing is "AFTER THE STORM".  I searched on eBay.com and found an item ( 7401407717 ) which has been listed as "Storm in Bavarian Mountains" - however the picture displayed on this item is an image (from the London News) that the seller says is scanned from the original engraving.  The picture is identical to my print.  Can you advise me as to whether my print has the correct title of the original painting/engraving? and if possible, is it actually worth anything?  I have done some research online, found some information about August Albert Zimmermann, Artist, 1808-1888 who taught landscape painting at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts from approx 1860-1871 - do you think this is the artist?  I would very much appreciate your opinion re this print.  Many thanks, Kind regards, Laurel Scott
Answer -
Laurel, can you tell me whether this print is an etching, engraving, chromolithograph, or a photomechanical reproduction?  Also, to get more info on the artist or the piece go to Google. It is an invaluable tool. Joe.

Answer
It sounds like an engraving that was laid down onto cardboard. If it is laid down, that is an expensive process to get off the cardboard ($150-$200). The piece if in good condition otherwise, sounds like it might be a $300-$500 print insurance value. Meaning you would probably have a better time just hanging it on your wall and looking at it rather than trying to resell in its' present condition. Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski