Fine Art/Old painting

Question
Hi, I'm looking for a painting i saw years ago. I know the title had the word "magic" in it and it showed an old woman sitting in a small cabin in the woods by a fire. I've looked for the painting on the internet and haven't had any luck. I'd like to buy this painting. Do you have any suggestions for where I can look?

Thanks in advance,
Harsh Jiandani

Answer
Dear Harsh, That is not enough information (no nationality, no time period, etc.)for me to begin searching. However, there was an American artist Harry Roseland (1866-1950) who did hundreds of paintings of this subject. Usually a cabin interior with an old black woman sitting by the fireplace reading tea leaves, telling fortunes, doing magic. There would be one or two white women seated near her (undoubtedly paying for the information or magic). You will find many Harry Roseland paintings on the internet.
That is the best I can do for you with minimal information.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes