Fine Art/Original Oil Painting versus Lithograph

My husband's aunt passed away recently and we have some artwork that was hung in her apartment.  We really don't need or want this and wish to sell it on ebay.  I can't, however, figure out what exactly it is (i.e., a print, an original oil, or what.  The artist is Randy Van Beek and I see other Randy Van Beek on ebay.  The piece is entitled Saturday in October and it has a brass plate on the bottom of the frame stating this.  On the backside of the frame, is a piece of paper that states he does original oil paintings and limited edition prints.  While the print itself has his signature on the front, the backside of the frame is autographed with his signature, Merry Christmas 1995.  This isn't something that is such a big deal that I want to have it appraised, but I certainly wouldn't want to mis-represent anything in ebay.  Can you help?  Lisa

It sounds like you answered your own question when you said in your statement "While the print itself". You know more than you think. Give yourself credit. It sounds like a print. If you describe it, people will know on e-bay and they will tell you. Joe.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University