Fine Art/Original oil pastel

Question
Thirteen years ago I purchases a nude pastel work to hang behind the bar of my establishment, Georgia's and the Owl in Amidon,  ND.  Over the years I have had many patrons ask me the history of the work and I can only tell them I purchased it in a second hand store in Rapid City.
The picture is large, aprox. 24x24 and nicely matted, done on Fabriano  paper, done in oil pastels and the artist's name is Aliso (with an accent over the o). It is a really beautiful work and the woman portrayed is lovely.  It looks like it may be from the fifties or earlier. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or information you could give me that would help me find out more about the picture.  Thank you for your help.  Marie Lorge

Answer
Marie--I cannot find any references to Aliso in any of my books/cagtalogs, and I am not familiar with the artist.  Perhaps check out an local auction house or antiques store in Rapid City.  Sorry I can't offer more help.  However, the piece sounds lovely, Fabriano paper is ideally suited for oil pastels, and, if I am ever out west again, I will try to get to Amidon and your establishment.  Meanwhile, continue to enjoy the art, which obviously brings pleasure and perhaps added business to you.  Alan.

Alan Klevit