Fine Art/Original or not?

Question
I own a large painting signed by David Shepherd. Tittled "The wise old elephant" It was done on board. I was wondering if you could tell me how I can tell if it is an original or not? Thank you for your time.
         Kristin.

Answer
Dear Kristin,

I am afraid I cannot authenticate your painting, but lucky for you the artist David Shephard is living in the UK and should be able to help you.

David Shepherd is known internationally as one of the world's leading wildlife artists. He is also a passionate conservationist and he created a wildlife organization that works to protect many of the animals he paints. Elephants are a favorite subject and I was able to find a 1962 print release titled “Wise Old Elephant”. Perhaps it was released after your painting.

I have posted his non profit website address and his organization’s email address below for your convenience. Just send them an email politely requesting assistance in the authentication of your painting.  

Best regards,
Dolly

David Shephard Wildlife Foundation
DSWF Office & Trading Company:
61 Smithbrook Kilns
Cranleigh
Surrey GU6 8JJ
Tel: 01483 272323/267924
Fax: 01483 272427
E-Mail: dswf@davidshepherd.org
Website:www.davidshepherd.org
& www.artforsurvival.org

Dolly D Headley