Fine Art/PAINTER - WILLIAM KNOX

Question
I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY INFO ON WILLIAM KNOX - I HAVE HIS PAINTING TITLED "THE RED JACKET" -- IT IS LARGE (APPROX 25 x 36)-- MY HUSBANDS MOTHER AQUIRED IT AROUND 1936 FROM DANIEL REES, A FINE ART DEALER IN JACKSON, MICHIGAN. IT IS OIL ON CANVAS - IT IS FRAMED SO CAN NOT SEE THE BACK OF CANVAS - IT IS SIGNED BY ARTIST BUT NO DATE --
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

Answer
Dear Linda, Is the subject someone wearing a red jacket, or the famous Indian chief "Red Jacket" ? If you like you can send jpg images to my email danh.57@mindspring.com
Images of the front, the back, and the signature would be desireable. Please keep each image under 100k, and make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam. Exact size of the painting is also helpful information (measure from the back).
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes