Fine Art/PAINTING SIGNED....... M. BARBERIS

Question
I HAVE A PICTURE OR A PAINTING , NOT SURE WHICH , THAT A
FRIEND HAS GIVEN ME.  SHE IS FROM ITALY A FULL FLEDGED
ITALIAN.  THIS PICTURE/PAINTING IS SIGNED M. BARBERIS.

I WILL TRY TO DESCRIBE IT.  THERE IS A MAN IN THE MIDDLE,
HALO AROUND HIS HEAD.  HE LOOKS LIKE AN OLDER MAN WITH BEARED AND RECIDING HAIR LINE.  THERE IS A ROUND CIRCLE
WITH A CROSS IN THE MIDDLE,  HOLDING HIS OUTER GARMENT TOGETHER, THAT LOOKS LIKE A ROBE ?. UNDER THIS OUTER GARMENT (ROBE) HE IS WEARING LIKE A WHITE DRESS WITH LONG
SLEEVES.  BEING RAISED A CATHOLIC IT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING
YOU WOULD SEE ON A PRIEST. UNDER THE ROUND ITEM , I MENTIONED ABOVE , IS ANOTHER ROUND , ( medal ? ), THAT READS ( looks like ) I M S  WITH A CROSS IN THE MIDDLE OF
THE M . UNDER THIS IN SIGNIA IT SAYS "IN NOMINE JESV.

IN HIS LEFT HAND HE IS HOLDING A STICK, ( staff ? ), that
IS TALL , UP TO HIS EYES.  IN HIS RIGHT HAND HE HAS A BOX HANGING FROM HIS WRIST.  THIS HAND , HIS THUMB, INDEX FINGER AND MIDDLE FINGER ARE UP, LITTLE FINGER AND NEXT ONE TO IT ARE CURLED DOWN.

NOW, ON HIS LEFT SIDE IS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A DEER, WITH AN
ARROW THREW HIS NECK.

AND,  ON HIS RIGHT SIDE THERE IS A MAN KNEELING DOWN BEFORE
HIM LOOKING UP, AS IF MAYBE, ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS FOR
ARROWING THE DEER ? HIS RIGHT HAND UP.  HE ALSO HAS A
BEARD AND MUSTACHE AND RECEDING HAIR LINE. HE IS DRESSED IN SIMILIAR CLOTHING , BUT HAS NO COVER UP ROBE OVER THE TOP.  HE IS WEARING PANTS, LOOKS LIKE LACE UP SHOES OR SOCKS.

THE COLORS OF THIS PICTURE/PAINTING ARE GREEN AND IVORY WITH SOME YELLOW LIKE CLOVERS ? ON THE BIG MANS ROBE/
SHAWL, CAPE OR ?

THERE IS A LARGE ROCK ON THE LEFT SIDE , AND THEY APPEAR TO BE ON GRASS WITH ANOTHER ROCK ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT SIDE.

I REALIZE THIS IS A VERY LENGTHY QUESTION, FOR THAT I APOLOGIZE, BUT ANY INPUT I CAN GET FROM YOU, REGARING THIS ITEM, I WOULD SO GRATFULLY APPRECIATE.  THANK YOU SO MUCH ,
FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS. AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE.....IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION , I CAN BE REACHED BY E-MAIL OR 503-663=7588.  

THANKS AGAIN, ANXIOUSLY WAITING,..... LINDA.

Answer
Dear Linda,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes