Fine Art/Painting ID

I recieved an original oil painting through a set of unusal circumstances. I never thought anything of it, until I saw a framed print of the painting in an Antique store. The title block had been trimmed and no info was available. The signature is difficult to read. Took it to an art appraiser-Said painting is about 100 yrs old, but he had never seen the piece and could not find any reference to any guesses as to the signature. I can send a picture-it is of three monks in a wine cellar. The signature appears to be F. or S. VanShiloh or VanScholi

I checked extensive libraries and nothing comes up?

There has to be an art expert that fits this niche but finding them is the trick. Because it qualifies as an antique, the auction houses should be willing to take a look at it, have you gone that route?  If you have no luck and are trying to sell it, let me know what you are trying to sell it for and I will see what I can do.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.