Fine Art/Painting Identification

Question
I have a painting purchased some years ago at an estate sale that I would like to find out a little more about.  It has a hand-typed peice of paper stapled to the back of the frame which I assume was made for the estate sale.  It reads "Levitz Stock #-180-50965-1" and "PGA Stock #-6122-B51-L".  Do you have any idea what these identifiers mean?  Internet searches have left me high and dry.  Thank you for your time.

Thomas R Wallace

Answer
Thomas--those identifiers on the back don't have anything to do with art.  I suspect Levitz Furniture stores sold it originally.  The PGA reference sounds like a golf piece.  Maybe not, but certainly a catalog # of some sort.  Sounds like a reproduction.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit