Fine Art/Painting Identification

QUESTION:   I received this painting from my Grandmother.  She purchased from a neighbor before they moved away.  It was hanging on her wall since I was very little
(at least 31 years ago).  Grandma has since passed and I have been trying to identify the signature, but I can't read it.  Anything you could tell me is good.  Written in pencil on the back of the canvas is 16-F-9-27.  The wood supports have words stamped ??? In Mexico.  See attached file for the picture and signature closeup.

ANSWER: Dear Scott, This is a commercial "factory" painting, name is likely made-up. You can find many just like this at Goodwill or Salvation Army.

QUESTION:   Thanks for the info.  My wife hates it and wants me to get rid of it, but I've been "PBS"ed and would hate to see it on a show where someone picked it up at a garage sale for 10 cents and it's a rare example of crappy art worth millions.
 Do you have any idea on the year and is there information on the commercial producers of the time?

I guess youn did not receive my second reply.
There are over 700 "art factories" in Hong Kong alone, not to mention the rest of Asia, Eastern Europe, and Mexico. I don't know exactly when they began, but I bought one of their masterpieces for my living room in 1963.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.