Fine Art/Painting by Jozsef Kozsta

Painting by Jozsef Kozsta
Painting by Jozsef Koz  
I have a painting by Kozsta a Hungarian artist, that is similar to his "Corn Huskers" painting. It is smaller in size. It is signed by Koszta and has a tag from the Hungarian National Gallery. It also has a label indicating that Koszta was at the world fair in Paris in 1900. any idea what this painting may be?

Dear Tom, Please send me the size and follow my standard instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.