Fine Art/Painting value

Question
I am seeking information about a painting that I bought at a garage sale several years ago.  I can send you a picture of the painting.  Listed below is information about the painting.  Can you tell me where to get it appraised or can you tell me anything about painters in this era?  (The date on the back of the painting is 1879.  

Description:

Frame size with picture about 20 x 24.
Black sticker on back that has Thayer & Chandler Gold Frames, Chicago.
Stamped in red on the back; Russell's Canvas 1879.
There is also some pencil markings 12 x DO, RR is marked out and CC is added.
The frame is gold and apparently at one time there was red velvet lining the wood next to the painting.
The painting subject is  white, pink and red hollyhocks. Mountains in the back.  Sunrise setting.  

Answer
Dear Connie, You can send jpg images to my email pirround@msn.com
Best would be images of the front, the back, the black label, the red stamp, and any monogram or signature.
Make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes