Fine Art/Paintings

Bird Dogs
Bird Dogs  
Mr. Twyman,

I recently purchased an unsigned oil painting a yard sale and while doing research, I ran across a similar oil painting (same subject matter) signed by Alfred Montgomery on eBay. I was wondering if there is any history on early unsigned works by this artist? Everything I have read about this artist speaks of his still life (usually corn) works. I've attached an image of the painting I purchased and would appreciate any information you can pass along.

Thank you,

You might have clicked the wrong expert by mistake.  This is way outside my area of expertise?

I can tell you that unsigned works are replicas in most cases.
Unless the artist was known for producing works and not signing them, It seems like a red flag.

Have you checked this site?
Copy and paste the link in your address bar and see if they can give you more detailed info.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.